First Competition for our new home.

Site Notices, Changes and other General information that you may need to know about.

First Competition for our new home.

Postby wansbrough » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:41 pm

I would really love to get a competition going for out new home and wondered if you guys would help with a little feedback.
Our "Easylife Resourceful" competitions seemed to wane a little towards the end for what reason I know not. Theme, server issue, time or just apathy.....
Do you think we should continue with that theme or try something different?
Should we resort back to the basic comp with just a theme of say 3 films??
I had thought perhaps we start a thread with suggestion for a theme/film Then put that to vote to select a winner. Then perhaps for a change we get members to add resources. (give me and the rest of the team a break from sourcing items :) )
Or failing that if anyone else has an idea they would like to table then I'm all ears.
I do like the "Easylife Resourceful" competition and would love to be able to capture the interest we had with "RocknRolla". That was a real privalige to be part of. I do think the resources helped with that one however.

So over to you guys to let me know what you think..... :-)
Life is like a toilet-paper roll, It starts spinning a lot faster towards the end of the roll..
wansbrough
The Godfather
Topics: 128

Re: First Competition for our new home.

Postby tazz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:10 pm

i am always for a good competion, lol, dunno anything bout making a cover, but i have some ideas
brs stated once, it would be good if teams, would be chosen randomly, one for a label, and one for a cover,
in this case, you would get the competetors, at forehand, knowing, who is participating, ot not...
also give em a timeframe, that worked fine the last few competitions.

also we were first with the resources delivered, at uncovered, and i think its not a bad start, to make a cover, specially, when you team up. also the resources are the same for every one, so it evens things out a bit, meaning the ones, that feel, they not as good as anyone else, still have a shot at the title

also, it might go like this, give em a few rules, for example, there is a cover, for the fast and the furious, in grand theft auto style,
maybe it would be nice, to make a cover for a great actionmovie, in disneystyle, or do it in manga style, or hentai,
that would be a diffrent touch.....making any accomplished cover maker, to think outside the box...
and this would get some awesome exclusivs, for this site

still wanna think bout filling in the gaps, but once again , i love a good competion, so wansbrough, i will folow this tread,
may a great idea come up, and wansbrough, thanks for picking up the competitionthread so soon

greetz tazzer :Netherlands :Netherlands
tazz
Captain Caveman
Topics: 153

Postby dirk8837 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:07 pm

how about we ask members what there favourite decade is for movies then we have a comp where people have to make a cover and label can be full size or one of the new square covers from the winning decade, or we could choose say 3 films from that decade that members can choose from, either we can find the resources or the members can use what they can find?????????

Would people be interested?
dirk8837
The Big Kahuna
Topics: 123

Postby easylife » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:59 pm

First off, think you might have to shut the arcade for a couple of days, that would help me.

I personally prefer having the resources to hand as im too lazy to look for them, but i think everyone would of realised that already.

Awards Showing Recent Awards for easylifeView Showcase

easylife
Trouper
Awards: 3
Topics: 13
CoverArt: 183

Postby dirk8837 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:06 pm

roflmao.

it also gives everyone a fair chance as they all have the same to start with
dirk8837
The Big Kahuna
Topics: 123

Postby tazz » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:28 pm

and for easy life's speed at making covers, there's no need to shut the arcade...... :LOL :LOL
tazz
Captain Caveman
Topics: 153

Return to Announcements