In The Begining .........................

All New Members - Please open a new Introduction Topic here to be upgraded.

In The Begining .........................

Postby wansbrough » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:17 pm

About me..............
Well, Manipulator Of Film Art since 2005, first got into the scene through Generetic when everything was good there. When things got dire and after being welcomed and then cast out by HS at Customaniacs I found Custom Covers and started posting there.
I use Paintshop Pro and recently upgraded to Corel X1 from Jasc 8. And to be honest don't know why I bothered. Still on a very steep learning curve and always finding new tricks and methods. I sometimes feel the odd one out as everybody seems to use Photoshop. I do have CS2 but I think I am too stuck in my ways to be able to use it. I know it does the same things and more but...... I don't know maybe when I have more time....... its much easier to keep going back to what I know. Besides, all my templates are in PSP format.
Anyway, the beginning of 2007 saw me start to manipulate WWE PPV covers after a request from my son, these were my main source of sharing here. I still love to make movie covers but I really need the challenge and most of all time! Once I start a cover I can't wait to finish it and get it uploaded, I need to try and be more patient with it all.
I enjoy entering and running the competitions, something which is only recent. I haven't finished last yet!
I also enjoy cruising the other cover sites to see what is happening and to keep up with what other "manipulators" are doing. Tis a great little hobby, just wish I had more time at my disposal.
In 2008 I was invited to become a member of staff here at Uncovered which I have accepted moving up to Admin later in the year.
Sorry if I have bored the pants off you with this :Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer
Life is like a toilet-paper roll, It starts spinning a lot faster towards the end of the roll..
wansbrough
The Godfather
Topics: 128

Re: In The Begining .........................

Postby boneapart » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi wansborough. I also used to use Paintshop Pro. I started with vers 6, then went to 7, then jumped to 9. then Coral Paintshop Pro.X., XI and finally X12. Then a couple of months ago I decided to switch to Adobe CS3. I had tried using it previously but found it much harder than Paintshop Pro. However, I kept trying using it when I had a spare moment. I have now upgraded to Adobe Photoshop CS4 and I am now gettingquite comfortable with it. You should do what I did and although you are using Paintshop as your main programme, keep having a bash with Adobe until you get familiar with it. I'm sure that once you've got to grips with it, you'll eventually decide to stick with it. The big advantage it has over Paintshop, is that there are tons of Plugins for adobe and only a mere few for Paintshop.
boneapart
Sightseer
Topics: 2
CoverArt: 10

Postby SFLA » Wed May 06, 2009 12:53 am

Hi Wansborough, think I can make another Florida connection. I think I have seen you in a picture on a boat off the coast of Florida. 8}
SFLA
Drifter
Topics: 1

Postby wansbrough » Wed May 06, 2009 5:10 am

I'd forgotten about that...... yep thats me. 8}
Life is like a toilet-paper roll, It starts spinning a lot faster towards the end of the roll..
wansbrough
The Godfather
Topics: 128

Postby georgieboy26 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:28 pm

hi bud,I.m a cs3 freak at moment, still learnin' getting better....I hope ;-) :D :D :D
georgieboy26
Trouper
Topics: 6
CoverArt: 32

Postby georgieboy26 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:30 pm

boneapart wrote:Hi wansborough. I also used to use Paintshop Pro. I started with vers 6, then went to 7, then jumped to 9. then Coral Paintshop Pro.X., XI and finally X12. Then a couple of months ago I decided to switch to Adobe CS3. I had tried using it previously but found it much harder than Paintshop Pro. However, I kept trying using it when I had a spare moment. I have now upgraded to Adobe Photoshop CS4 and I am now gettingquite comfortable with it. You should do what I did and although you are using Paintshop as your main programme, keep having a bash with Adobe until you get familiar with it. I'm sure that once you've got to grips with it, you'll eventually decide to stick with it. The big advantage it has over Paintshop, is that there are tons of Plugins for adobe and only a mere few for Paintshop.

hi boney mate, yep cs3 is my bag at moment, got cs4 but not used it yet....ya know me.....will get there in the end ;-) :D :D :D
georgieboy26
Trouper
Topics: 6
CoverArt: 32

Postby VincentLupo » Tue May 26, 2009 4:07 am

Hey wansbrough. Even though you were here before me I figured I would welcome you anyway. Welcome!!!
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Return to Introductions