MR Covers hacked

Chat area for all to enjoy a bit of friendly banter, share gossip or other chit-chat.

MR Covers hacked

Postby wansbrough » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:35 pm

For those of you wanting to find out about the Cover Site Battle Royal may have been greeted with a browser warning that the site has been blocked because of security issues.
MR Covers Warning.jpg

Vincent has relayed this message posted by Tim (Bunny Dojo) the site owner. It would appear the site has been hacked and as a consequence is now down.
The competition will still go on as planned and all information about it can be found on the following links.

Check here for info. They will update as they have news.
http://twitter.com/HelloMRCovers
or
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Covers/118315188231743?v=info#!/pages/MR-Covers/118315188231743?v=wall

I hope I have everything correct here, if not I am sure Vincent will put us straight.

Hacked Again!

Ouch, it looks like this site is truly a glutton for punishment. For the next short while, we will focus ONLY on the Cover Site Battle Royal extravaganza and hold off on other content as we explore future solutions for this site. The current setup is far too susceptible to being hacked despite a continuously expanded set of security measures.

To repeat, the Cover Site Battle Royal is still very much on. If any further problems should arise, you can always get the latest information on Facebook. In the unlikely event of something more extended, all site owners will be notified of developments. No matter what, we still have an excellent contest ahead of us.

My (somewhat uneducated) guess is that this particular hack was perpetrated by the owner of bali-planet.com, wherein they embed their site into others, artificially increasing their hits, and are then able to sell off the domain to someone by providing a grossly inflated estimate of how much traffic the name is worth. If so, I wish them the best of luck in their endeavor. They certainly seem like winning individuals.
Life is like a toilet-paper roll, It starts spinning a lot faster towards the end of the roll..
wansbrough
The Godfather
Topics: 128

Re: MR Covers hacked

Postby VincentLupo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:43 am

Yep. You got it. Thanks for posting Wans. :)
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

A Dizzying Return!

Postby wansbrough » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:14 am

It looks like MR Covers have resolved their problem and the site is back up and running. :-)

Bunny Dojo wrote:The Cover Site Battle Royal is once again officially being run through this site and this site alone.

Since the current MR Covers setup should indeed now be secure, in the spirit of fairness and a complete lack of bias, we will no lot be utilizing the space generously offered by Bazzah of HiResCovers. Should any further problems occur, updates will be sent out through Facebook, Twitter, and to each participating site’s owner letting everyone know of what will happen from there. (In all likelihood, it would be a transition to a plain, safe, snuggly HTML-based page listing the details of the competition).

And there you have it, my friends! If you should have any questions about the competition or anything else regarding the site, please don’t hesitate to bring it up in a comment here.

Life is like a toilet-paper roll, It starts spinning a lot faster towards the end of the roll..
wansbrough
The Godfather
Topics: 128

Return to The Lounge