Fuzion

Chat area for all to enjoy a bit of friendly banter, share gossip or other chit-chat.

Fuzion

Postby bluesnow » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:41 pm

This was posted on another site by a former Fuzion member. I thought I'd pass it on for those who are interested in knowing what happened.

There are a few familiar faces in the crowd here. Any of you familiar with Fuzion that haven't heard, due to on going threats from paypal, SilentWarrior closed the site. Here is the forwarded e-mail I received. Fuzion was my home for 6 years but I have seen and heard a lot of good re-pore about the Hires community. So if you all don't mind, I'm gonna kick off my shoes(pardon the smell) and sit awhile

Hey guys, This is Paul (silentwarrior) from fuzion. You may have noticed the Fuzion is offline. I have had a quite a few problems with site over the last few months. In December, PayPal sent me an email stating they had deemed dvdcoverfuzion as an "illegal" website. They froze my PayPal account and disabled any further subscriptions. They say in the email that that they will keep it frozen for up to 6 months in the event that any company wishes to pursue any legal action. This completely freaked me out and quite honestly I wasn't sure what to do and who to speak to about it. In January I began looking for other merchants which could support subscriptions but unfortunately I was rejected from 3 of them for similar reasons as paypal stated. Last week I received an email from my host stating that they had received complaints about the content hosted on fuzion as well. With the addition of this threat I decided it was best to close down the site. I dont want any kind of legal action taken against me and I have had a lot of sleepless nights just thinking about it. I do apologize that I didnt discuss with you guys about this. I felt backed into a corner and I didnt want to talk to anyone about it (even with family).

Having said that, it was great to be a part of Fuzion for the 6 years it ran. I met a lot of nice people and I know we had a great community of people who shared a common passion. Each of you guys, James, Kev, John, Craig, Tim, Joe and of course Danny helped form the backbone of the community and I want to thank you guys for being a part of Fuzion. I never imagined it would end, at least not this way but I am happy to have worked alongside you guys and run the great community we formed. I dont know what the future will hold but it was a great ride while it lasted.

Thanks for everything,

Paul[b]
bluesnow
Uncovered Resident
Topics: 22
CoverArt: 370
Resources: 2

Re: Fuzion

Postby VincentLupo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Good to know. Thanks Bluesnow.
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Re: Fuzion

Postby GRINCH » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:32 am

Fuzion was a great place and I we are sad to see it go.
GRINCH
Explorer
Topics: 77
CoverArt: 375

Return to The Lounge