Continuum Spin-off?

Chat area for all to enjoy a bit of friendly banter, share gossip or other chit-chat.

Continuum Spin-off?

Postby Pip » Tue May 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Simon Barry has hinted that Continuum will continue in another form beyond its fourth and final season.

Answering fan questions in a Reddit AMA, the series creator said that while the story of Continuum will “likely” end after the 6-episode final season, he hopes to find a way to tell “more stories” from the Continuumverse, raising the possibility of a spinoff:

While the Universe of Continuum is large and there are more stories to tell, this particular one will likely end in 2015. Is that cryptic enough!?

There are no plans to make Continuum post Season 4, but it’s a big universe with big themes and perhaps some day there will be a way to tell these associated stories and continue the political social discussion.

Barry didn’t elaborate on by which means these stories may come to life (he could be referring to DVD extras), though he seemed to narrow down the possibilities by ruling out a Continuum book:

"I would love to write a book, but it might be based on a new idea. I think the ending of Season 4 will not require tapping into what might have been. We are all very happy with what we have planned."

As for whether he considered taking Continuum to another outlet such as Netflix for an extended run, he clarified that the show was never shopped elsewhere and Netflix didn’t make an offer, adding:

"We have a very specific business model which is not be as flexible as traditional studio financed shows."

Continuum the final season is slated to air mid-to-late 2015 on Showcase and in the US on Syfy shortly after its Canadian launch.

Stay tuned as we continue to monitor the Continuum universe…
Sad Lexa Doig Fan and PROUD of it!

If you like my covers, please leave a comment.

Awards Showing Recent Awards for PipView Showcase

Pip
Administrator
Awards: 2
Topics: 583
CoverArt: 561
Resources: 681

The following user would like to thank Pip for this post
bankska22

Re: Continuum Spin-off?

Postby VincentLupo » Wed May 06, 2015 12:01 am

Hmmmmm.....
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Postby ctaulbee » Wed May 06, 2015 12:40 am

I doubt they will ever get back to what made the show great, in the beginning it was all action and you never knew who had what motives or alliances beyond wanting to win or achieve their own personal goal.

Soon though as with most shows, which is why they die, they drift into less action sequences while they expand the story line to focus more on relationships and dialog (it's cheaper to produce than effects) so they do that rather than focusing on keeping the story moving and interesting.

Just look how much time they killed with Alex's little girlfriend - side show, I mean in the beginning she was a cool char, unknown, mystery agenda/motives, a killer with no history, all the fun stuff---- then the "relationship" kicks in which had nothing to offer the show except to consume massive amounts of screen time--going no where--with all the boy-girl crap (love-hate-kiss-slap-fight-fuck... you get the idea) well here's a clue "you can get all you want of that on Hallmark Channel everyday of the week" just saying, then they have the silly nerve to wonder why we lost interest in the show, really???

8}

Awards Showing Recent Awards for ctaulbeeView Showcase

ctaulbee
Webmaster
Awards: 7
Topics: 291
CoverArt: 15
Resources: 484

Postby bankska22 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:31 am

Need to add this to the list of things to watch. :)
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1035
Resources: 71

Return to The Lounge