Dwayne Johnson Set For BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA Remake Movie Dwayne Johnson Big Troubl

Chat area for all to enjoy a bit of friendly banter, share gossip or other chit-chat.

Dwayne Johnson Set For BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA Remake Movie Dwayne Johnson Big Troubl

Postby bankska22 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:54 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (620.05 KiB) Viewed 1048 times

The 1986 cult classic adventure film Big Trouble in Little China is being remade, and of course Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is going to star in it. The actor is currently in negotiations to take on the lead role of Jack Burton, who was originally played by Kurt Russell.
dwayne-johnson-set-for-big-trouble-in-little-china-remake

This was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and it was just a matter of time before Hollywood would make the move to remake it. The original film was directed by John Carpenter, and the story centered on Jack Burton, a trucker who end up in the middle of a centuries-old mythical battle in Chinatown between feuding clans.

The new movie is being written by Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz, who both worked on films such as Thor and X-Men: First Class. The last time I heard about the remake was back in 2011, and I wish it would have just stayed dead. The movie doesn't need to be remade, but I guess you can't stop the Hollywood machine from doing its thing.

Johnson's San Andreas opened up in theaters this weekend and did extremely well, pulling in more than $100 million. I don't know if you saw it yet, but I thought it was unintentionally one of the best action-comedies of the year.

What do you all think of Johnson taking on the lead role in this remake?
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1035
Resources: 71

The following user would like to thank bankska22 for this post
BajeeZa, ctaulbee, sam

Re: Dwayne Johnson Set For BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA Remake Movie Dwayne Johnson Big Troubl

Postby ctaulbee » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:54 am

Hmmm... :Scared

Awards Showing Recent Awards for ctaulbeeView Showcase

ctaulbee
Webmaster
Awards: 7
Topics: 291
CoverArt: 15
Resources: 484

Re: Dwayne Johnson Set For BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA Remake Movie Dwayne Johnson Big Troubl

Postby VincentLupo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:57 pm

I think Dwayne could pull it off if they don't try and mimic the original film.
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Return to The Lounge