Kevin Smith Explains New Solo BATMAN Movie

Chat area for all to enjoy a bit of friendly banter, share gossip or other chit-chat.

Kevin Smith Explains New Solo BATMAN Movie

Postby bankska22 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:39 am

1.jpg

Warner Bros. and Ben Affleck are in the process of developing a new solo Batman film, and there’s a chance it could turn out to be a trilogy. Fans all have their opinions on what they would like to see come out of these films, but one fan has a lot more clout than everyone else. That fan is Kevin Smith, and he recently appeared on Screen Junkies' Movie Fights, and discussed what he would like to see in this solo Batman film. He said:

"I'm going to give you two versions. I was going to say Hush, because you get all the characters. In a world where DC is trying to launch the DC cinematic universe, this would be a way to do it and introduce all of Batman's rogues' gallery in one movie. So naturally, that's your money decision right here. But I'm not going to go studio, I'm going to go from the heart."

He then went on to say that he'd like to see a big screen adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns and that it should be directed by Mad Max's George Miller. He went on to explain:

"Now, this is a great combination of material and filmmaker. The man can direct....Give the story of the old Batman to the 70-year-old director who made the amazing-looking Fury Road. It's a no-brainer."

Smith then revealed that if the film were in his hands, he actually might reach back out to Batman and Robin's George Clooney. He thinks that the actor has got a much better Batman in him than what we saw in that awful film. The filmmaker also believes that it would be interesting to see him try to redeem himself from his last Batman performance. It would definitely be interesting, but as much as I like Clooney, I don’t care to see him in the role of Batman ever again.

What do you think of Smith’s suggestions? I’d personally love to see Miller direct a straight up adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns… but not with Clooney.
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1035
Resources: 71

The following user would like to thank bankska22 for this post
sam

Re: Kevin Smith Explains New Solo BATMAN Movie

Postby VincentLupo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:06 am

It's an interesting idea. I think Clooney did a great job with what he was given. Batman and Robin wasn't what anyone wanted but for what it was everyone was perfect. That said Clooney had his shot. Now it's time to continue with Affleck or move on to new blood.
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Re: Kevin Smith Explains New Solo BATMAN Movie

Postby bankska22 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:05 am

Agreed. I like what I see with this new Batman anyway.
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1035
Resources: 71

Return to The Lounge