WONDER WOMAN: Stunning First Look

Chat area for all to enjoy a bit of friendly banter, share gossip or other chit-chat.

WONDER WOMAN: Stunning First Look

Postby bankska22 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:37 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (212.62 KiB) Viewed 1415 times

Check out this insanely beautiful image from the solo Wonder Woman movie featuring the amazon warriors of Themyscira. The photo includes Princess Diana (Gal Gadot), Queen Hyppolyta (Connie Nielsen), General Antiope (Robin Wright), and her lieutenant, Menalippe (Lisa Loven Kongsli), and they all look absolutely stunning in their roles. Those armored costumes freakin' look amazing!

After seeing Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman, I couldn't be more excited to see her in this solo movie, which will tell an origin story showing us the transformation of the young Princess into the greatest female warrior ever.

The photo comes from EW, who talks about the elder amazons and their role in Princess Diana's life explaining, "this trio of immortals is responsible for both raising and training Diana — the only child on this estrogen heavy isle — but they don’t always agree. Hippolyta, a revolutionary leader, longs to shelter her beloved daughter from the outside world, but Antiope, the Amazon responsible for Diana’s training, wants to prepare her." Director Patty Jenkins goes on to add:

“She is the only child they raised together. And their love for her manifests in a different way for each of them.”

She goes on to talk about the armor and the look of the characters, saying:

“To me, they shouldn’t be dressed in armor like men. It should be different. It should be authentic and real—and appealing to women. It’s total wish-fulfillment. I, as a woman, want Wonder Woman to be hot as hell, fight badass, and look great at the same time—the same way men want Superman to have huge pecs and an impractically big body. That makes them feel like the hero they want to be. And my hero, in my head, has really long legs.”

Well, I'm sure the male fans of the character won't complain about her take on the look of these amazon warriors. Wonder Woman is set to be released on June 23rd, 2017.
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1035
Resources: 71

Re: WONDER WOMAN: Stunning First Look

Postby VincentLupo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:16 am

Where are the Amazon Warriors? It can't possible be those scrawny women in that picture.
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Re: WONDER WOMAN: Stunning First Look

Postby bankska22 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:27 am

;) ;) ;) ;)
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1035
Resources: 71