ROSE RED: Disney

Chat area for all to enjoy a bit of friendly banter, share gossip or other chit-chat.

ROSE RED: Disney

Postby bankska22 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:06 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (305.11 KiB) Viewed 1373 times

From the outside looking in, it must appear like American cinema is borderline obsessed with Snow White right now. There were the dueling films of Mirror Mirror and Snow White and The Huntsman a few years ago, a prequel to one of those called The Huntsman: Winter's War coming out in less than a month, and now THR brings word that Disney is developing a live-action film about Snow White's sister called Rose Red.

Justin Merz originally wrote the screenplay, but Snow White and The Huntsman writer Evan Daughtery came on and reworked it into something closer to the Disney animated film.

The story is a revisionist take that transposes Rose Red into the Snow White tale, making her a key player in the later moments of the classic story. When Snow White takes a bite from the iconic poison apple and falls into her Sleeping Death, her estranged sister, Rose Red, must undertake a dangerous quest with Grumpy and the other dwarfs to find a way to break the curse and bring Snow White back to life.

I know Rose Red best from her appearance in Bill Willingham's amazing comic series Fables, which has been on the path toward getting a film adaptation for years. I don't really trust Daugherty's writing chops yet (he also wrote Divergent and the 2014 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), so at this stage, I don't have much faith in this idea. Right now, it just seems like yet another live-action fairy tale project for a studio that's been scooping them up and developing those left and right. I'll reserve judgment until it makes it through the development process and I can see a trailer.
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1042
Resources: 71

Re: ROSE RED: Disney

Postby VincentLupo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:14 am

I think this could work.
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199