First Look at BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE

Chat area for all to enjoy a bit of friendly banter, share gossip or other chit-chat.

First Look at BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE

Postby bankska22 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:15 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (163.63 KiB) Viewed 1342 times

Thanks to Mark Hamill we have our very first look at Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment’s upcoming animated adaptation of Batman: The Killing Joke. Hamill is providing the voice of The Joker and Kevin Conroy is back as Batman! I don’t think fans would want it any other way. I’m hoping that this turns out to be WB’s best-animated film yet.

The image came with the following quote pulled directly from Alan Moore and Brian Bolland’s incredible graphic novel:

“JOKE: ‘If I have to have a past, then I prefer it to be multiple choice.’”

Obviously, this line is going to be included in the film that is being developed. Yes, Hamill and Conroy, 100% confirmed for the film. In an interview with CBR, Hamill said:

"The chance to work once again with Kevin Conroy, my favorite Batman, in what some consider the definitive origin of this iconic villain is a dream come true for me. I am beyond thrilled to return as The Joker in 'The Killing Joke!'"

Conroy added:

“I’ve had the great privilege of voicing Batman for more than two decades, and some of my favorite moments in the recording booth have been alongside Mark Hamill. Mark always enables me to be a better actor. I’m thrilled that we’re both back to bring these characters to life in one of the most heralded Batman/Joker stories of all time.”

How cool is that!? As of right now, the cast also includes Tara Strong as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl and Ray Wise will voice Commissioner Gordon. I’m sure more actors will be revealed soon.

Batman: The Killing Joke is rumored to be rated-R, and it will premiere at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. It will eventually be released for us to buy in the summer of 2016. Here’s the synopsis from the graphic novel:

According to the grinning engine of madness and mayhem known as The Joker, that's all that separates the sane from the psychotic. Freed once again from the confines of Arkham Asylum, he's out to prove his deranged point. And he's going to use Gotham City's top cop, Commissioner Jim Gordon, and his brilliant and beautiful daughter Barbara to do it.

Now Batman must race to stop his archnemesis before his reign of terror claims two of the Dark Knight's closest friends. Can he finally put an end to the cycle of bloodlust and lunacy that links these two iconic foes before it leads to its fatal conclusion? And as the horrifying origin of the Clown Prince of Crime is finally revealed, will the thin line that separates Batman's nobility and The Joker's insanity snap once and for all?

Batman: The Killing Joke is being directed by Sam Liu, and I'm excited to see if he and his team were ably to pull this off.
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1035
Resources: 71

Re: First Look at BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE

Postby VincentLupo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:35 am

Love these animated films. :)
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199