GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2

Chat area for all to enjoy a bit of friendly banter, share gossip or other chit-chat.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2

Postby bankska22 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:18 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (91.96 KiB) Viewed 1317 times

As you all know, at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy, Groot sacrificed himself to save his friends. Thankfully, he didn’t die. Instead, he started to regrow. When we pick up with him in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 he’s a little baby Groot, and he's insanely adorable. He also still knows how to kick ass, though, just in a different way.

About a week ago an official piece of concept art was released giving us our first look at Groot on the shoulder of Drax. In a previous interview with executive producer Jonathan Schwartz he offered some insight on Groot saying:

“He doesn’t have the wisdom and experience of that Groot. He’s a younger Groot and a more rambunctious Groot. The question is, is he the same Groot, just smaller? Or is he a different Groot that’s sprung up from the seed of the first Groot?”

This got fans wondering if Groot will even remember any of the events from the first movie or even prior to that. Thanks to Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, we now have an answer. During an interview with Collider, he explains that Groot is still Groot:

"He remembers. He’s not mentally a baby, he is still Groot… I sort of equate it to Spock circa the end of Search for Spock and The Voyage Home."

Good. That first comment from Schwartz seemed a little off, so I’m glad that Feige came in to clear it up. He went on to talk about the relationship between Rocket and Groot, saying:

"When it comes to a Guardians of the Galaxy film, a James Gunn script, it’s not just about the funny, it’s not just about the action, it’s about the heart. And the amount of heart that you get out of this trash panda raccoon and now this little twig baby Groot is actually awe-inspiring. It is amazing what he’s done with those two."

I love the relationship between these two characters, and it will be fun to see that relationship continue in the sequel. We got a little tease of it in some footage that James Gunn screened at Comic-Con, and fans are going to love what Gunn has done with this sequel and these characters.
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1035
Resources: 71

The following user would like to thank bankska22 for this post
BajeeZa, chouette

Re: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2

Postby chouette » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:15 pm

I'm anxious to see the sequel... :)
chouette
Buccaneer