BD Copyguard

imageGot a question or something to share, then post it here and lets talk about it.

BD Copyguard

Postby Roseflamingo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:11 am

Well by now we all know what the Cinavia copyguard logo looks like but how about the new BD guard? Is there a logo for this one on new releases or is it there and I've just overlooked it?

Thanks, Roseflamingo

Awards Showing Recent Awards for RoseflamingoView Showcase

Roseflamingo
Uncovered Resident
Awards: 3
Topics: 17
CoverArt: 1105

The following user would like to thank Roseflamingo for this post
chouette

Re: BD Copyguard

Postby ctaulbee » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:26 am

What does it look like, do you have a link to the maker?

Awards Showing Recent Awards for ctaulbeeView Showcase

ctaulbee
Webmaster
Awards: 7
Topics: 291
CoverArt: 15
Resources: 484

Postby Roseflamingo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:57 am

Answering my own question, after some research I've found that there is no Logo for the guard per se except for the actual Blu-ray logo itself and the BD-Live logo is something all together, so I guess there is no way to tell until you go to rip a copy (for use in my server as in my case) and the words "does not support BD at this time." appear. It might also mean that the coding key for the film has not yet been placed in the system for use with copying software. If I find anything else about the subject I'll update this post, and thank you for letting this old man think out loud for a moment...

Roseflamingo :emo14

Roseflamingo
Uncovered Resident

Postby ctaulbee » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:39 pm

Ah yeah I see, there are two built in copy protections for Blu-ray.

AACS Encryption is the first.

BD+ Protection is the second.

Both have been cracked for years 2006 and 2008 respectively but hey keep changing the keys, so it has become a cat-and-mouse game with the hackers, which honestly they like as it equals a money stream for them, many decryption programs now charge for software updates to compensate for key changes, lol.

The new kid on the block is Cinavia Protection no one uses it but Sony and they don't across the board as it is destructive and permanently alters the audio track ie if you buy a BD with Cinavia Protection you don't get the pristine audio you paid for which is why the majority of studios have never gone to it and likely never will.

For the record Cinavia has been cracked too but the removal is spotty depending on who is doing it.

:)

Awards Showing Recent Awards for ctaulbeeView Showcase

ctaulbee
Webmaster
Awards: 7
Topics: 291
CoverArt: 15
Resources: 484

Postby Roseflamingo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Sony is the big culprit for Cinavia use but the program DVDFab 9 or 10 with the Cinavia removal tool does a decent job of removing the water mark and repairing the audio but it's hit and miss on which tittles they decide to repair. I found that if you shrink the Blu-ray version of a film containing Cinavia (to around 23-25 GB's and then to DVD size (around 7.5 GB's) and then change the format to an MP4 and download it into a server the Cinavia guard is completely gone. As for the soundtrack it sounds pretty much as intended when running it through my theater system. Also 20th Century Fox and Universal are using the Cinavia guard more and more often these days it seems.

Roseflamingo
Uncovered Resident

Return to Design Discussions